SNOWING AND COLD!!!


Brrrrrrrrr!!!! That describes the weather here today. It is cold, snowing and raining and windy, so it was indoor activities today!! Shopping, lunch and playing in the hall with the other adoptive families. Hall parties are quite common for adoptive families, where everyone gathers in the hall and let the kids play. Ashley has spent most of the afternoon working on her homework and my sister Cris has been wrapped up most of the day, as the hotel has been very cold today. There hasn't been too much to do the past few days, as the weather has kept most everyone inside. My favorite thing to do when we come to China is to get out and walk the streets and see all the incredible people, but we just haven't had that opportunity in Nanchang due to the weather. I absolutely love China more every time I come.

We have made huge progress with Averi today. She has been happy most of the day today, with only about an hour of grieving tonight. She absolutley hates the camera and whines the minute I pull it out now. She is beginning to think we are all OK and whenever a Chinese person now speaks to her, she runs for us!! She has been laughing and giggling a lot today and boy, are we going to be busy when we get home. When we received her initial report the orphanage said her foster family decribed her as " very busy and makes a mess in their house". They couldn't have been more accurate, she never stops moving. She is very quick and loves to run in the halls, but she is LOUD!! Everything she says is loud and she imitates everything she hears. She is bossy but can be kind too (when she wants to). Her personality is just starting to emerge......and I am sure we have so much to learn about her. She will fit in great in our family and I can't wait for everyone to meet her. We just LOVE her and feel so fortunate to be able to adopt her!

We were able to visit a few of the special needs kids that Love Without Boundaries provided medical care for. It is always so much fun to see these kids and see how great they are doing! I am so greatful that LWB is able to help these children.......the changes are so remarkable!




Tomorrow, we will pick up our paperwork and Averi's passport and then head for the airport in the early afternoon. We are off to Guangzhou for the remainder of our trip. We are so excited and hope the weather will be warmer than here. We have met so many wonderful families again on this trip. I just love seeing all the kids and watching how quickly they change in only a few short days of being with their new families. It is nothing short of a miracle!
1 comment:
LeeAnn,
It's SO great to be able to read your posts each day, and Averi is such a doll! I know you can't wait for the rest of your family to meet her, and I'm sure it will be an interesting time of discovery for Averi as well.
I am in love with China as well, and it's a shame the weather is not so great this time. I can't wait to hear how the rest of the trip goes. Our Maya, 3, is adjusting well after a really rough couple of first weeks in China.
Hugs,
Nancy Brown
Post a Comment