We are home!!

We had a smooth trip home …….with a few luggage issues in Hong Kong. It was rather humorous as we tried to navigate our big suitcases on and off trains and onto buses. We had quite a few laughs over this!! We all are TIRED….except for Ashley, who already has had a good nights sleep and is back on track.
Averi is not quite sure what to think of her new daddy. She is still very cautious, but I know it won't take long until those two are good buddies.


Averi and I totally have our nights and days turned around and spend a lot of quality playing from 1:00 a.m. till 4:00 a.m. I would much rather be sleeping at this time of night!!! I know we will get it turned around in a few more days.

When we cam home Averi was immediately surrounded by the kids. I am always amazed at how quickly children can begin playing with each other. In only a few short minutes they were all laughing and playing with balloons. They all seem to like her….except Jadyn our youngest. She quickly asks if we could “return her to China” or just “keep her in jail for awhile”. I just love a three year olds thinking. She will have the hardest adjustment of all, but I know she will do great. Averi is not fond of the dog at all and yells at him in Chinese….actually quite cute!!

Averi has become my shadow at home and is never within a few feet of my side. A great sign she is bonding! She is already beginning to relax a little more and loves to have more room to run around. Those hotel rooms can be rather small.
We wanted to thank Stefani at CHI for allowing us to be Averi’s family!! She is a perfect fit and we couldn’t be happier. It has been a wonderful trip, once again. We loved all the people we have met, especially Sam and Maria and their beautiful kids!! They traveled the entire trip with us, as they adopted their beautiful little girl!

Thank you to everyone who has followed our journey to Averi. We feel so fortunate and blessed once again to be chosen to be the parents to this sweet girl.
3 comments:
Thank you so much for sharing your trip and photos. Averi is a beautiful young lady and fits so well as a part of your family. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your entries. Thank you, and best wishes!
Welcome Home LeAnn and Averi!!
Anne and Kids
Lee Ann- I have enjoyed so much following your story. What a beautiful family you have, you are so very blessed. Averi is a doll! Congratulations, I look forward to hearing more!
Lisa Kaden
Post a Comment