Thursday, February 22, 2007















Hong Kong






It was a foggy rainy day in Hong Kong, but we took the tram to the top of Victoria's Peak anyway. The tram is a short tram ride that takes you to the top of a mountain, and it is straight up! On a clear day, the view is spectacular, but as you can see from the photo, it wasn't much of a view.




But after a great lunch, the fog cleared briefly and we had a beautiful view of the Hong Kong harbor. The hillsides are so lush with greenery.....a very welcome change from the Colorado snowy winter we have been having.


Everyone is still very jet lagged and all the kids took their turn falling asleep on and off throughout the day. We were preparing for the "meltodown" anytime today! At one point while waiting for our plane I noticed all four of our girls holding hands and looking out the window. I quietly listened in to their converstaion with each other about "foster families" and "when I was a baby in China". I am so thrilled they all will have a common and close connection .


We landed in Guilin safely after a short 1 1/2 hour flight.....and then it hit! ALL the kids had fallen asleep on the flight and they were EXHAUSTED!! Trying to wake them all up and keep them awake, just to get off the plane, was a chore in itself. Having to go through 3 long lines of inspections and clearances to just get our luggage was one of those fun parenting moments! But we all survived and after arriving at the hotel 40 minutes later we all were ready to drop into bed and sleep.....UNTIL......the firework show began in the hotel parking lot. HA HA!!


Yes, it is Chinese New Year here and the celebrating will go on all week, and fireworks are a big part of it! The noise was INCREDIBLE......the fireworks were beautiful and were right out our window on the 7th floor. The firecrackers went on forever and were SO noisy. This is the "Year of the Pig" and I just love all the advertising that goes along with it!!




So, we are all still awake and it is midnight here! I just love our trips here, you just have to be preapred for anything! :) But, we really need some sleep....as we have a busy day tomorrow!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

LeeAnn, what a sweet photo of Allie, Malea, Jadyn and Averi. You'll have to frame that one someday.
Glad that all is going well so far. Hope you'll get some much needed sleep soon.

Sharon
P.S. All went well with the surgery and I'm back home. :)